For the Fall 2020-Spring 2021 academic year, the Edge Program will adjust to incorporate a hybrid virtual/in-person model of activities and events aimed at supporting new incoming first-year URM Students. Edge Leaders will maintain weekly virtual drop-in office hours and by appointment only physical office hours with their mentees (Located in the Chapin Building, meeting space is limited based on capacity).
Edge Program will continue to strive and be there to support you throughout the semester. We will continue to provide program support virtually via web resources, as well as email and telephone communication.
Please visit our OMED COVID Resources page here.
Edge is a peer mentoring program designed to support incoming students – both freshmen and transfers – during their first year at Georgia Tech. Incoming students are paired with a successful upperclassman, or “Edge Leader,” who will serve as a peer mentor and offer support to help new students acclimate academically and socially during their first year.
The Edge program strives to help students develop and refine strategies for a successful college experience. In addition to networking with experienced Georgia Tech students, Edge participants will have the chance to:
- Set goals and strategies to get the most out of their college experience.
- Learn about available resources on campus.
- Participate in study sessions, study groups, and academic workshops.
- Discover scholarship workshops and job opportunities.
- Discuss study abroad, research, internship, and co-op opportunities.
- Receive peer and staff advice and mentorship.