“OMED had a huge impact on my time at Georgia Tech. From the beginning, OMED was consistently supportive and encouraging in every decision that I made. You all believed in me when I didn’t believe in myself, and I cannot thank you enough.”
— Brooke Smith, alumna, School of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
OMED offers the following programs:
- AAMI – Provides academic resources, motivation, mentoring, and leadership training to support the enrollment, retention, and graduation of black males at Georgia Tech.
- Academic Support – Provides study sessions, guided group study, and concept classes to students year-round.
- Challenge – Helps prepare incoming first-year students for a successful college career, both academically and socially, during a five-week intensive summer program.
- Edge – Offers support from upperclassmen who serve as mentors to assist first-year students academically and socially.
- Student Ambassadors – Engages students to serve as strong OMED advocates for current and prospective students and their families, faculty, staff, alumni, and strategic partners and supporters.
- Transitions – Enables graduate students and dual-degree/transfer students to network with peers, faculty, and staff as they settle into Georgia Tech.