AAMI/ GT-PRIME is an institute and state supported program aimed to cultivate innovative talent through targeted cultural and gender-base initiatives. It is designed around 5-dimensions of development: Purpose/Ambition, Identity Bonding, Mentoring & Modeling, Visionary Leadership, and Social Engagement. AAMI provides a uniquely critical service for the Georgia Tech community. Retaining excellent innovative talent is a global priority, required if we are to meet the demands for a culturally diverse, technologically enhanced, environmentally responsible society.
Participants in AAMI:
• Develop a network of peers/ accountability partners to support academic, professional, and personal goals.
• Meet key African American male leaders in STEM/STEM related fields, community/community development, art, law, policy, business, entertainment, and more.
• Engage in workshops and seminars tailored towards their unique social location and professional aims.
• Create and cultivate mentoring relationships with corporate representatives, GT faculty, staff, alumni, and graduate students
• Develop & execute personal 5-year Vision Plans
• Produce a continuous increase in GPA performance trends
• Hold key leadership positions: such as Mr. GA Tech, President of student organizations, President Scholars, GTBAO Scholars, Ambassadors, Challenge Counselors, and more
Seek to become the best version of yourself while contributing towards communal and global needs. Join AAMI today!!!