Call for Nominations
Due September 15
Georgia Tech’s Office of Minority Educational Development (OMED) in partnership with The Women of Color Initiative (WOCI) Atlanta Collaborative in Higher Education, invite you to attend the 2022 Women of Color Awards Celebration, October 2, at 12:30 p.m., Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center.
Join us for an afternoon celebration with engaging interactive collective and breakout room (small table) dialogue on best practices, community building, and activism for cultivating initiatives to support women of color.
We will hear from leaders in advancing women within research, industry, higher education, and community. Participants will also enjoy presentations from Emory collections, a special performance by local artists, and the awarding of five awards for significant contributions in scholarship, social justice, STEM, and community building.
We will accept nominations until September 15 (you can RSVP to attend through September 23). Please continue below to find requirements for nominations. All nominees will be invited to attend and 2 additional guests will be accommodate through the generous donations of our sponsors.
Location and parking details will be provided via email to registered participants no later than September 26.
WOCI Atlanta Collaborative in Higher Education is a city-wide strategic partnership between the Center for Women at Emory, Office of Minority Educational Development (OMED) at Georgia Tech, Office of Racial and Cultural Engagement at Emory, Spelman College Women Research and Resource Center, STEM Atlanta Women, Inc, and Women’s Resource Center at Georgia Tech.
Our aim is to develop a multi-dimensional network committed to enhance the advancement of women in industry, research, and higher education through advocacy, accountability, cultural awareness, leadership development, recognition, cultivation of productivity spaces, and strategic collaboration.
2021-2020 Award Celebration highlights and honorees-Learn more!
Call for Nominations:
DUE DATE – Thursday, September 15, 2022
The Women of Color Initiative (WOCI) Atlanta City-Wide Collaborative in Higher Education, Women of Color Awards will honor women of color (or a group of women of color) among Atlanta colleges and universities or in the greater Atlanta area who have made notable contributions in one or more of the following areas:
- social justice, activism, policy reform, or advocacy that advances multicultural understanding at the intersection of gender equity.
- higher education scholarly endeavors or administrative and professional accomplishments that significantly enhances the advancement women in industry, research, and academia within fields that women of color are traditionally underrepresented.
- community building on- or off-campus, to create an inclusive and respectful environment that is committed to the advancement of women and addressing disparities at the intersection of race/ethnicity and gender.
- WOCI Outstanding Undergraduate Student(s) Impact Award
- WOCI Outstanding Graduate Student(s) Impact Award
- WOCI Outstanding Atlanta Faculty Impact Award
- WOCI Outstanding Atlanta Staff Impact Award
- WOCI Outstanding Atlanta Community Leader Impact Award
Nominations must include:
- A letter of nomination (1-2 pages), no more than 1,000 words
- The nominee’s updated curriculum vitae or resume
- A recent high-resolution photo of the nominee, if available.
An additional letters of support , no more than 800 words, is required if self-nominating.
Recipients will be announced and honored at the WOC Awards Celebration and Brunch on Sunday, October 2, 2022. Awards and monetary gift to the winners in each category will be distributed directly to the awardee. All nominees must be in attendance.
If you have any questions, contact Dr. Sybrina Y. Atwaters, firstname.lastname@example.org or Ashaki Wilham, email@example.com.