Job Title: AAMI Student Assistant
Reports To: Dr. Sybrina Y. Atwaters – Assistant Director, Outreach Initiatives
- Assist OMED staff in regular office duties.
- Assist with implementation and execution of student programs.
- Assist OMED staff in gathering and disseminating information.
- Provide information to AAMI participants, either in person or via telephone/social media.
- Serve as a role model and a source of information for all AAMI participants
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Must maintain student confidentiality. All student information and program background/data details are to be held in strict confidence.
- Collect and distribute information on current and upcoming programs/events, particularly pertaining to AAMI and AAMI initiatives.
- Assist in the coordination, planning and execution of all OMED-AAMI program events.
- Assist with mass mailings and major copying efforts
- Must be available and accessible to OMED during normal working hours and AAMI program event hours.
- Must be familiar with Georgia Tech’s Academic Honor Code.
- Provide perspective and matriculating Georgia Tech black male students with accurate and vital information about academics, the Georgia Tech environment, and leadership experience.
- Be knowledgeable of all Georgia Tech & OMED policies and procedures (general in nature).
- Make a commitment to earn a semester GPA of 3.0 or better.
- Attend all meetings designed by the supervising OMED staff member.
- Carry out tasks as outlined by supervising OMED staff member within the given time period
- Maintain continuous communication with the OMED Partnership.
- Adhere to the training and the policies of OMED’s Program.
Must have at least a 3.0 GPA.
- Must be a Georgia Tech Sophomore or higher (30 or more credit hours).
- Must be an enrolled student and/or Co-op or Intern (in the metro Atlanta area).
- Must have initiative, be pleasant, enthusiastic, and have a genuine concern for other student’s success as well as the success of OMED and AAMI programs.
- Demonstrated leadership and/or peer mentoring experience.
- Must be able to function in a TEAM environment assuming various roles.
- Must be able to apply your full attention on the job during duty hours.
- A resume must be submitted along with application.
The starting student salaries for OMED are:
$10.00/hr. Undergraduates Students
$10.00/hr. Federal Work Study
$12.00-$15.00/hr Graduate Students
WORK HOURS:Students will work daily, evening, as well as weekend hours, but no more than 15 hours per week, depending on their schedule and OMED/AAMI needs.