The Student Ambassador group will be comprised of professionally motivated OMED Student Leaders (Edge Leader and Challenge Counselors). These students are among the strongest advocates for OMED and will actively support the office by acting as professional representatives sharing their experience and enthusiasm with a variety of constituents. Student Ambassadors will serve as advisors to the OMED staff by providing vital information regarding student organizations and various other departments on campus.
Members will be selected through an application process based on leadership qualities, communication skills, knowledge and participation in OMED programs, and unlimited enthusiasm for Georgia Tech. An interview will be conducted in addition to the application process to ensure the selection of the best candidates.
Interested students must be:
• Enrolled during fall and spring semesters.
• Have successfully completed at least two semesters as full-time student at Georgia Tech (by end of spring).
• Must be able to commit to serving for 1 full academic year.
• Must be in good disciplinary standing.
• Have a minimum 3.0 GPA.
• Be available to complete the required service hours each semester (10 hours of service each month during the fall and spring).
• Committed to attending the mandatory training sessions.
• Exhibit strong public speaking & interpersonal skills – speak clearly & precisely to audiences of all sizes.
• Be familiar with campus programs and activities.
• Be self-motivated, professional, and have a friendly and positive attitude.
• Willingness and ability to participate actively each month.
• Commitment to learn the history, statistical data, programs, and opportunities in OMED: Educational Services.
BENEFITS TO STUDENTS
• Unparalleled experience in public relations (meeting people, public speaking, representing OMED) which develops the skills and confidence vital to success in job interviews and career advancement.
• Opportunity to work with and learn from College Administrators and Associate Deans.
• Broaden contacts among faculty, staff, students, and administration for pleasure, help on campus, and references upon graduation.
• Opportunities to develop leadership skills.
• Knowledge on successfully executing an event or project.
• College recognition and admiration.
• Confidence through inspiring and motivating others.
HOW TO APPLY
The online application is now open. Please click on the following link to apply. The deadline to apply will be evening of Friday, August 5th, 2016. Interviews will be held by the end of August.
Mandatory meetings will occur once a month. Day and time of meetings will be determined during training and revised towards the beginning of each semester.