UPDATE: In observance of the Thanksgiving holiday, there will be no tutoring on Wednesday 22Nov2017 through Sunday 26Nov2017. Normal tutoring will resume on Monday 27Nov2017.
OMED provides free academic support services to all Georgia Tech undergraduate students.
- OMED is located in the Chapin Building. We are open to study and as an academic resource from Monday to Thursday (8 a.m. - 8 p.m.) and Friday (8 a.m. - 5 p.m.).
- Fall/Spring study sessions with academic assistance are held in OMED from Monday to Thursday (5-8 p.m.) and in Clough from Sunday to Thursday (6-10 p.m.). Summer tutoring hours are in Chapin 5-8 p.m.
- OMED maintains a computer/study lab with both PCs and Macs and small group study rooms with displays and whiteboards.
- Individual and group study sessions are available at all times per student request.
- Spanish-speaking tutors are available for all courses.
- Quiet study areas are available upon request (9 a.m. - 8 p.m. and Friday from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.).
- Periodic fall/spring term review sessions are available for common courses, including Concept Classes.
- OMED tutorial staff is comprised of doctoral-level, masters-level, and upperclassmen students who have excelled academically. Several staff members are former teaching assistants or are seeking careers in research or academia.
- To find out more about some of our current tutors, view their profiles by clicking here.
- OMED supports and encourages the full utilization of the other tutoring services offered on campus.
Academic Support Program
Under the OMED Guided Study Group program, you and a group of your classmates can have a course-specific tutor meet with you at times that you designate for the duration of the semester. This program is flexible enough to allow you to select the tutor, in the instance that you know of someone that already works well with your group. Be sure to take advantage of this and our other Academic Support services.
Concept Classes are topic-specific review sessions offered by OMED tutors, graduate students, and select faculty members at regular intervals. Informed by periodic discussions with faculty teaching the course, they allow students a valuable “second look” at the material. Concept Classes are currently offered for CS 1371, Math 1551, Math 1552, and Phys 2211.
Academic Support News and Notes
Unless otherwise noted, OMED Study Sessions will be suspended for campus holidays, breaks, and emergency closings. The Study Groups and individual tutor sessions may proceed at the discretion of the students and tutors.
Fall 17 Tutoring Schedule (location: Chapin bldg unless otherwise noted)
In observance of the Thanksgiving holiday, there will be no tutoring on Wednesday 22Nov2017 through Sunday 26Nov2017. Normal tutoring will resume on Monday 27Nov2017.